Followers

Friday 16 December 2016

Playing with Dies

HI 
Today post will be with Itsy Bitsy dies and would be playing around with few easy techniques to create some simple and fast cards. I am playing around with nesting dies (scallop heart die and decagon die) and 220 gsm thick white cardstock.
For the first card I have used the  decagon die to create a de-bossed effect. You can use the other side with embossed effect. 

 

I have placed the nesting dies in a eccentric pattern and taped it to the cardstock. While embossing place the first cutting plate on Tab 1(using Big Shot machine) followed by rubber pad and than second cutting plate. 



 Here is the deboss look.


I have hand cut the butterfly and stamped the flowers and sentiment from the hope and smile stamp set.










For my second card I have used the scallop heart die to create a window and frame for the front panel of the card.


For the window use the smaller die and for the frame use both smaller and larger one from the set. 


For stamping I have used Itsy Bitsy chalk ink trio. I love how juicy are these chalk inks. And you get three colors in single ink pad. 




The leaf background comes from the leaf die I cut multiple time from a single piece of card stock and later used it as a stencil. This way you can even use your scraps and create interesting backgrounds. 


Another interesting use of nesting dies can be in creating embellishments. Here are few I made. 
The birdie comes from my handmade resin embellishments stash and the papers are from the new Itsy Bitsy launch chevron aquarelle papers and used flowers to complete the shaped tags.


 I have used rose from the angle rose carnation collection, I totally love the roses from this set.




Also, you can maximize the use of dies by using them as templates for shaker embellishments. Here I have used WRMK Fuse tool with the largest die from the decagon die set as the template to my shaker pocket. I love creating shakers and fuse tool is one great tool to have in your stash. You can use them with your cards, embellishments, scrapbooks etc...


And the hearts are cut in felt  from the smallest scallop heart die. These dies cut felt like butter, you can check my last post on felt plushies for more ideas. 




Hope you liked these ideas to maximize the use of your dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment