There is not much blogging at my end( wedding season, orders, classes have kept me busy..)
A while ago visited a flower shop along a lakeside..and i cant forget that view..colorful potted flowers and a vast lake..I guess this inspiration comes form there.
So thought of welcoming Spring in my own colorful and crafty way...
OK!!..let me stop my endless talks..and show you what i created for the Spring theme.
- I started with a 10"x 12" board canvas.
- Used mod podge to adhere torn paper strips(from Coredinations pack), paper doily, net, burlap, and butterfly punched border( almost everything from my stash)
- Used my homemade texture paste and Dylusions and the TCW mask as my stencils to create the brick texture and dots.
- Brushed entire surface with gesso, which acts as a primer for the sprays.
- And now comes the best part...The Smooch Sprays..these are little test tubes filled with rich colors and lots of shimmer. (I just fell in love with these).
- I used fabric flowers(did not like their appearance much), applied gesso on them and used my first few starburst sprays from Lindy's ..here i used Tibetian poppy teal and Autumn maple crimson.
- Have used Smooch Spritz (Navy twinkle, Sun kissed, Tea party) and Dylusions stencil and TCW flower mask.
Here is my Mix Media Layout for Spring Theme
(painted with gesso)
(a closeup of textures)
(TCW flower mask)
(the dash of pink comes from Lindy's starbust ..autmn maple crimson..love this color)
Here is the complete look...
Hope you liked this blast of colors...
entering in : 1. BGC #47
2. Lulupu #27 (category 2: layouts/scrapbooks/frames)
My project consists of all the letters :
L- Layers, leftover pieces of net,paper strips..,Lindy's sprays
P- Punched butterfly border, photo,paper doily
T- Technique Tuesday stamp set,Textures, Teal color,TCW flower mask,Tsukineko black staz on ink
C - canvas board,crimson color,charms,camlin gesso